Take a tour of Methodist Home for Children’s North Hills Transitional Living Home for girls.
North Hills Transitional Living is a 6- to 12-month residential program in Raleigh that helps court-involved girls build the skills they need to live independently. Statistically, these teens are at high risk of failing without intervention. Our program serves girls from across the state with a cost-effective, short-term investment in independent living skills emphasizing:
• Earning a GED or high school diploma.
• Identifying career aspirations and goals.
• Exploring post-secondary education or vocational studies that fit their long-term goals.
• Volunteering in the community.
• Finding and maintaining jobs that match their skills and career aspirations.
• Learning independent living skills: how to budget, meal plan, create a resumé, interview for jobs, negotiate salary, manage a cell phone, earn their driver’s license, open bank accounts.
• Building a portfolio of community-based resources to use after completing the program and transitioning to independence.
Tours are available on the last Thursday of each month. Please contact Donna Tate to RSVP.