GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Cook will plan and prepare nutritious meals and snacks for the children and staff of the Methodist Home for Children’s Assessment Center programs, and maintain a healthy kitchen environment.
This position is part-time, Saturday-Sunday, 8a-5p
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare nutritious meals for the Assessment Center facility.
- Have knowledge of basic nutrition requirements, which meet the USDA requirements for children.
- Have knowledge of meal patterns required by the North Carolina Child and Adult Care Food Program.
- Develop weekly menus that meet the requirements mentioned above.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation required by the N.C. Child and Adult Care Food Program.
- Work with an annual budget in ordering and maintaining food supplies and other related items.
- Be aware of cultural diversity within the centers and incorporate that same diversity in menu planning.
- Prepare special foods for special dietary needs of children in the center.
- Maintain a healthy kitchen environment and safe food service, according to the guidelines of the Department of Sanitation by:
- Storing food properly.
- Cooking food to proper temperature and maintaining proper food temperature when serving food to the classrooms.
- Using proper sanitary requirements when cleaning dishes as well as cooking and serving utensils.
- Cleaning the stove surfaces, countertops, and other kitchen surfaces daily.
- Cleaning the refrigerator, freezer, icemaker, cabinets, and stove periodically to comply with health standards.
10. Perform other duties as assigned and requested.
Knowledge and Experience
High School Education. Associates Degree in Food Services preferred. At least one (1) year experience in food preparation for large groups and working under specific dietary guidelines.
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
- Must be insurable by Methodist Home for Children’s insurance carrier.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and shifts including weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time.
- Must successfully complete all phases of pre-service and on-going training, including, but not limited to, physical restraint training, First Aid, CPR, Universal Precautions, and medication administration.
- Must be able to work in high pressure, high stress environment.
- Position may experience verbal and/or physical aggression from client population.
- Possible exposure to infectious diseases.
- Must provide a negative drug screen result prior to employment.
- Must pass a TB test.
- Have the ability to perform physical demands associated with daily operational functions, property management, and food preparation, such as standing, bending, lifting, facility cleaning (interior and exterior) and maintenance, supplies inventory, and other rotating assignments.
- Have the ability to comprehend and produce accurate program documentation, including, but not limited to, meal planning, information sharing, and record keeping.
- Have the ability to communicate professionally in verbal and written formats with consumers, including, but not limited to parents, colleagues, and community service providers.
- Regular attendance at primary worksite and agency related events.
- Have the ability to work overtime.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled