For adoption, foster care or therapeutic foster care
Foster & Adopt information sessions: See dates | Our foster-to-adopt approach means that applicants seeking to adopt through Methodist Home for Children first must become licensed foster families.
- They provide physical care, safety and a nurturing, predictable family environment for the children in their care.
- They help children feel accepted and worthwhile and give them opportunities to express their feelings.
- They model healthy family living to help children and their families learn and practice skills for safe and supportive relationships.
- They provide nonphysical discipline that promotes self-esteem and respects each child’s culture and ethnicity.
- They promote and support positive relationships between children and their families.
- They respect the confidential nature of children’s circumstances and those of their parents.
- They promote and support children’s transitions to permanent homes arrange, support and participate in activities that meet children’s physical, recreational, cultural, spiritual and emotional needs and promote positive values.
- They advocate for resources to meet the unique needs of children in their care.
- They participate in training, professional and skill developments.
- They demonstrate flexibility in their expectations, attitudes and behaviors in relation to children’s needs.